Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Keen on Eugene

Well folks, it's day 4 of my 9ish day stay in the lovely town/city of Eugene, OR. I drove Miya up to Portland yesterday where we made our parting, and am now left to hang in Euegene for another week tout seule. The loneliness hasn't yet made me go mad, fortunately. I've been keeping busy studying for the GRE's, reading Freakonomics, playing guitar, and running/walking. I went over to the U district today and café hopped. Espresso Roma was a bit dissappointig and not very lively but I found this interesting place called Java Rock on 13th and Oak (ish?) that played nonstop Bob Marley and had a very laid back barista that made a mean iced chai. Got some more GRE vocab flashcards made. I'm almost done with vocab flashcards now, only 4 or so more pages to go.

Two more weeks until classes start- I have mixed feelings of anxiety and excitement for the start of the year. I'm a bit nervous cause I feel like I've been on vacation so long (since December '09 if you dont count Paris as real school, which I'm not sure if I do...) So I will have to get back into the swing of UPS level learning once again. Also I'll be taking some harder classes and will have to start thinking about writing my thesis. Not to mention the pressure of not knowing what I'm going to be doing with myself after graduation. I'm thinking I would really just like to move up to Seattle and live and work for awhile. and maybe go to grad school after a year or so of doing that. Or maybe I'll just take a really long roadtrip and drive around the country for an indefinite amount of time.

I always feel like ending blog posts is a bit awkward- like I need to come up with an excuse to stop typing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm currently a student at the University of Puget Sound and will be going into my senior year this coming fall.

la tour eiffel

la tour eiffel

Followers